The Palouse Discovery Science Center is pleased to offer exciting educational opportunities for groups of children and students ages 2 and up. Our new lessons come from the Explore Science: Let’s Do Chemistry collection.
Ready to Book?
Contact Jessica at Facilities@palousescience.org to reserve your field trip. Please include the following information:
1. Requested date and time of field trip. Field trips run in increments of 2 hrs, with the earliest arrival time at 10a and the latest arrival at 1p (unless other arrangements are made).
2. Grade level of students (mixed age okay)
3. Number of students attending
4. Number of chaperones attending, we request a ratio of 1:5 (adult to child). General admission rates apply to adults outside ratio.
5. Choice of guided lesson from the list of Explore Science: Let’s Do Chemistry list (optional)
6. Name and contact info. to send invoice
7. Any additional information about your class that might help us prepare for your trip.
*After this information is supplied, you will receive a confirmation email confirming your reservation.
Exploratory field trips (no lesson) will be offered at the rate of $5.25/student
Exploratory + lesson field trips are offered at the rate of $5.75/student.
Teachers and adults at a rate of 1:5 are included in the rate, up to 30 children.
10:00 – Bus arrives, students set down their coats/bags
10:10 – Brief intro to the PDSC & expectation setting
10:20 – 10:50, facilitated lesson in the classroom
11:00 – 11:30, exploration of the exhibit hall
11:30 – 11:50, Lunch and continued exploration of the exhibit hall
12:00 – Load up the bus, head back to school
*We strive to be responsive to the individual needs of classes, please let us know if you need more time to eat, explore or wrap in other activities. We recommend that classes over 25 students split into two groups and rotate through lesson and exploration time.
PDSC is a nonprofit organization located in Pullman, WA, that works to promote STEM initiatives through hands-on science exhibits, field trips, and activities. EIN: 82-0523927